Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I REALLY wanted to be here

How eager am I to be at Nip U?

This morning I woke up to 6" of snow, no power, no heat, no coffee, and three teenage boys to feed and get ready for school.
When it was time to leave, I dug out the borrowed van, aptly named "The Loser Cruiser"...and started down our 1 km driveway...that was covered by the branches of snow-laden willows and two huge pines.
So I went back up to the house, got the chainsaw, got one pine removed and most of the second. Then I got stuck. Then I dug myself out. Then I got stuck. Then I dug myself out. Then a random branch popped the hood and it swung back and cracked the windshield. Then I dropped the muffler going over the hump the snowplows left at the end of the driveway.

Do I want to be here? Man oh man...if I didn't, I wouldn't.

No comments: